Friday, March 6, 2009

DIY Window Film


Window Before.

Window After.

I was so inspired by a post I saw on Design*Sponge yesterday that I just had to do it immediately. So today I went out and bought a roll of clear contact paper and a white paint pen and got home as soon as possible to start working on this project. I had the perfect window to try this out on. A kitchen window with an old plastic shade on it from the previous tenants. The old shade kept out all of the beautiful light that the kitchen could really use, so I knew this would be a great solution. Here are a few photos of what I did with the contact paper ($5 at target) and white paint pen ($4 at michaels). The best part is, I have a whole roll of contact paper to play with now. If I get tired of my design, I pull it off and put up a new one! Thanks so much, Kate for this great project! 




Oh, and just in case anyone was curious, those splotches on the window are on the outside of the window, not on the contact paper. The contact paper looks very crisp an clean itself.

4 comments:

Sara said...

That is so cool! I have privacy film on our bedroom windows because we live on the bottom floor of an apartment, but someday when I have a house I hope I remember this so I can do it!

Danielle said...

What a neat idea!

Katie @ goodLife {eats} said...

Very cool! I will have to try that on our skinny bathroom window above the tub.

Anonymous said...

These are actually excellent tips for installing window film yourself. Great article.
Perry Jamal
frosted window film