Monday, March 23, 2009

studio inspiration board

I really wanted to put up some cork tiles in my studio to use for my inspiration board, but I didn't want to just put them up and make one big square, I wanted to do something a little more interesting. So, I got the idea to cut the tiles into hexagons and make it look sort of like a honeycomb. After a lot of time trying to figure out how to get a 12" square into a the shape of a hexagon, I made a pattern and traced it onto all of my 8 - 12" tiles then cut them out using an x-acto knife. I thought it would be even more interesting to paint a couple of them. So, I painted one red, and one yellow-green. I arranged them all on the wall somewhat randomly. I think I like the results, and now I finally have a place to put all of my little scraps, notes, and business cards.





5 comments:

Erica said...

I like the idea. Very Cute!

Sara said...

That's a very cute idea! And way to go with figuring out the hexagon!

Stephanie Briones said...

thank you!

dana said...

what a lovely idea! like it...honeycomb style's unique and innovative.

Katie @ goodLife {eats} said...

Oh wow, I love that! Great decor that is also very handy.